I have always had a love/hate relationship with my hair. It is curly, but not in the good way like Kate Hudson's in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Almost everyday I blow dry and straighten my hair even though my hair dresser tells me every time that I need to wear it natural and let my hair heal from all of the damage. Tomorrow I am going in for a consult to get the new Aveda Smooth Infusion Straightening Treatment. I am kind of nervous, but I think, well I know, I am going to love not having to blow dry my hair everyday. For right now, I have a few tired and true products that I swear by to keep my hair as healthy as possible.
1. & 2. Frederick Fekkai Protein Rx Repairative Shampoo and Conditioner- This is great for damaged and dry hair and does wonders to make it shiny and voluminous.
3. Aveda Wooden Paddle Brush- I have had this same type of brush since high school. It is awesome to use to blow dry curly/ wavy hair.
4. Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Dry Oil - This is a new product I picked up at Ulta a couple months back and it has done wonders for my flyaways during humid Kansas City days.
5. Bumble and Bumble Straight Serum- The Straight serum is wonderful for unruly hair. You put it on before you blow dry and not only does it protect you hair from the heat but it smooths and straightens without weighing it down.
6. Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion- This is a good alternative to the straight serum. I get bored with using the same products everyday so I like to switch it up. This product products from heat and damage.
7. Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment- This deep conditioner has been one of the best I have found. It doesn't leave your hair greasy and that is my number one thing I dislike about deep conditioners.
8. CHI straightener- I do not know what I ever did without this. Although it is probably damaging my hair one stroke at a time, I cannot help but love it.
Are there any hair products you swear by? If so, I would love to hear about them, or any feedback about the straightening treatment.
xox- a dash of details
photograph taken by a dash of details